Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mothering Myself

"We can learn to mother ourselves."- Audre Lorde "Eye to Eye: Black Women, Hatred and Anger" 1983.


(photo also circa 1983)

mother
myself

i honor the ancestors and the universe for placing their passion for creation in my heart. in my hands. rushing it through my veins as faith and movement. i am full with love and gratitude and overflowing and renewed.
a-she.

mother. myself.

i promise to see myself from the perspective of this photograph that my mother took. a bright energy learning to walk. heart and hands open to celebration, to support. I can remember to believe that even if i fall i will be loved. always more surrounded in love.

mother
myself

i will honor this body as a place where life happens. i will attend to this body lovingly as a sacred passage where ancestors walk, dance, sing and fly, where new life will grow and be born, as an altar to their greatness that must always be as clear, open and whole as possible.

mother
myself

i take responsibility for creating safe, soft and well-communicated boundaries to protect and train my purpose which is sacred and which grows and walks and changes. i will remember that these boundaries do not make a closed box. they make a fruitful path.

mother
myself

i honor and cherish the act of opening. i honor and participate in the process of birth in a different and related way, every day. i honor my purpose when i create and support loving spaces for my community to be reborn, individually and collectively

mother
myself

that's me!
mother.myself.

No comments: