Friday, July 29, 2011

Gratitude Poem #4




Beautiful ones!!!

Daily gratitude is growing my soul! It is an honor to write a poem for Jeter a visionary example who has blessed my life ever since the start of the Mobile Homecoming Project and taught me that we can truly choose our family and watch them emerge! Thanks so much for supporting my dream trip home to Audre! And anyone else who wants to chip can jump on here: http://alexispauline.chipin.com/praise-the-lorde-st-croix-dream-trip


For (Debra Renee) Jeter


After Audre Lorde’s “Syracuse Airport”


I hear

women from California

need no secrets

just clean drawers

to hold new knowing


I hear

the sun-ready intergalactic

among us know

what one and one makes

in the time of what looks like

too much


or


she who knows her joy

will find it every day

no matter who

is watching

No comments: